Student workers who need access to PeopleSoft Student Campus Solutions pages will be required to complete the online training courses available through the University of Minnesota’s Training Hub. For any access to be established, an Access Request Form (ARF) must be submitted, approved, and then processed by the Office of Information Technology’s Provisioning and Requests (PAR) unit.
- Student workers who require access to PeopleSoft will complete the FERPA and Student Data Inquiry (SDI) online training courses available in Training Hub. Upon completion of SDI, the ARF should be submitted. Upon approval of the ARF, student workers will be provided with view-only access in PeopleSoft and with Duo access. Note: See below for more information on Duo and ARFs.
- Student workers who require update access (to pages such as service indicators and student groups) will take the Student Data Update (SDU) course. Upon completion of the training course(s), the ARF should be submitted. Upon approval of the ARF, student workers will be provided with requested access. Note: Student Data Inquiry access is a prerequisite for any update access.
- Student workers who require access to the following areas are expected to take the following online courses. Upon completion of the training course(s), the ARF should be submitted. Upon approval of the ARF, student workers will be provided with requested access.
- Registration (SR310T) (pre-req is SDI and SDU
- Student Program Plan (SR220C) (pre-req is SDI and SDU)
- Collaborative Class Scheduling (CCS) (SR525C) (pre-req is SDI)
- Astra Academics (SR540C)
- When a student’s employment is terminated by the college/department, the supervisor submits the Change of Employment Status/COES form to PAR, who will remove the access roles from the student.
- If the student is later employed by another college or department, the repetition of completed online training courses is not required, but the ARF process must be followed by the new college or department to re-establish any access in PeopleSoft. If the new ARF includes access for which the student worker hasn’t completed online training, they are expected to complete it.
- Student worker access should be linked to the student worker’s Internet ID, not a departmental account.
- Duo access: In order to comply with audit and data security requirements, student workers should be prevented from accessing PeopleSoft outside of work hours. Therefore, student workers should access PeopleSoft using a Duo token or using an office phone as a Duo device. Duo tokens should be stored in the office and collected at the end of each work day. Student workers should not set up a personal device such as a smart phone as a Duo device.
- While a student worker will have access to areas in the system not within their job scope, they will be accessing PeopleSoft using their own ID. Any changes they make are tracked on audit pages. Note: An exception to this is class permissions, for which there is not an audit.
- Student workers employed by specific units may need to request additional access role(s) or use the profiles ARF, depending on their job responsibilities. Instructions will be supplied to supervisors in these areas:
- Learning Abroad Centers and CCAPS (for Quick Admit access)
- One Stop
- Office of the Registrar (OTR)
- ARFs are located at z.umn.edu/arf, including:
- If a student worker becomes a professional staff person and requires PeopleSoft Campus Solutions access, completed online training courses do not need to be repeated for the associated access to be granted. New ARFs requesting access must be completed for all access.
Policy established December 2008. Last reviewed August 2022.