The tuition attribution process manages a roughly one billion dollar annual revenue stream for the University of Minnesota. The process relies on legacy tuition tables, reports and institutional knowledge for support and maintenance. The Tuition Attribution Upgrade (TAU) will address technology concerns and work towards more effective reporting and analytics. More information can be found in the TAU recommendations report.
For the most recent updates on the Tuition Attribution Upgrade project, view our project status dashboard.
- Reducing dependency on UM Reports and the Legacy Data Warehouse.
- Reducing complexity and bring transparency to the tuition attribution process.
- Enhancing connected data, reporting, and analytics for use by the entire University community.
View the Tuition Attribution Upgrade's governance structure.
Transition plan and timeline
On January 7, 2022, new Tuition Attribution Summary and Tuition Surcharge Summary dashboards will be published on the Reporting Center. With this release, all tuition data from January 2022 forward will be available via these UM Analytics dashboards. The Tuition UM Reports will remain available to access historical data from fall 2021 and earlier until historical data can be migrated into UM Analytics as well.
Starting with the spring 2022 semester, these new dashboards will be the University's official reports for tuition information.
January 2022 - Transition from UM Reports to UM Analytics for tuition data
Starting January 7, 2022, and onward:
- UM Reports will no longer capture current or new tuition data.
- UM Reports will only be available for historical data from fall 2021 and earlier.
- The Tuition Attribution Product Team will begin migrating historical data into the UM Analytics; once that happens, all UM Reports will be officially retired and removed from the Reporting Center.
The Tuition Attribution Summary and Tuition Surcharge Summary dashboards will be available on the MyU Reporting Center starting on January 7, 2022. These new dashboards will capture five data snaps per term, including a pre-term snap for earlier tuition trends. The five snaps are:
- Snap 1: Three weeks before Twin Cities campus start of term
- Snap 2: First day of Twin Cities term
- Snap 3: End of second week of Twin Cities term
- Snap 4: End of fourth week of Twin Cities term
- Snap 5: Last day of instruction for Twin Cities
The following UM Reports will be available to access historical data from fall 2021 and earlier. Once this historical data is migrated to UM Analytics, these reports will be retired and removed from the Reporting Center.
- Tuition Allocation Summary
- Tuition Campus/Organizational Summary
- Tuition Collegiate Summary
- Tuition Course Subject and Level Summary
- Tuition Course Summary
- Tuition Cross College Summary
- Tuition Provostal Summary
- Tuition Registration Type Summary
- Tuition Section Summary
- Tuition Surcharge
- Historical tuition data made available in new UM Analytics dashboards.
- Retire legacy processes and reports.
- Develop additional dashboards based on tuition data community needs.