Transitioning University tuition data to UM Analytics
All tuition UM Reports were retired on September 30, 2022, and replaced with UM Analytics dashboards (currently available in the MyU Reporting Center > Student Services > Tuition drop-down menu). Historical tuition data will remain available in the Legacy Data Warehouse for ad-hoc reporting needs.
UM Reports being retired:
- Tuition Allocation Summary
- Tuition Campus/Organizational Summary
- Tuition Collegiate Summary
- Tuition Course Subject and Level Summary
- Tuition Course Summary
- Tuition Cross College Summary
- Tuition Cross College Detail
- Tuition Provostal Summary
- Tuition Registration Type Summary
- Tuition Section Summary
- Tuition Surcharge
UM Analytics dashboards:
Currently available in MyU Reporting Center
- Tuition Attribution Summary (Help doc) - Provides overview of tuition attribution to Resource Responsibility Centers (RRCs) in dollars. The University’s Budget Office relies on this dashboard for official reporting and allocation of tuition dollars to RRCs.
- Tuition Surcharge Summary (Help doc) - Provides high-level data on tuition surcharges charged to students by term, split up by RRC.
- Cross-College Summary (Help doc) - Provides insights about tuition attribution related to students enrolling in classes offered by a different college than the one offering their primary plan (major).
- Cross-RRC Summary (Help doc) - Provides insights about tuition attribution related to students enrolling in classes offered by a different Resource Responsibility Centers (RRCs) than the one offering their primary plan (major).
- Course Tuition Summary (Help doc): This dashboard provides a breakdown of the total tuition revenue generated for each course.
- Degree Program Tuition Summary (Help doc): This dashboard shows a breakdown of the academic program tuition values, the 25% of student tuition distributed to the student's academic program, for students enrolled during the selected term and Instruction Resource Responsibility Center (RRC).
- For technical assistance with the new tuition dashboards, contact ASR's Student Data and Analytics team.
- If you have general questions about the Tuition Attribution Upgrade project and transition to the EDW and UM Analytics, please contact Jaime Wascalus.
The new dashboards capture five data snaps per term, including a pre-term snap for earlier tuition trends. The five snaps are:
Fall 2022 dates are in parenthesis
- Snap 1: Three weeks before Twin Cities campus start of term (August 17, 2022)
- Snap 2: First day of Twin Cities term (September 7, 2022)
- Snap 3: End of second week of Twin Cities term (September 21, 2022)
- Snap 4: End of fourth week of Twin Cities term (October 5, 2022)
- Snap 5: Last day of instruction for Twin Cities (December 15, 2022)
Note: The snap dates are the same for all campuses, based on the Twin Cities regular academic session.
The TAU project team conducted focus groups for tuition attribution data and reporting at the University of Minnesota. These groups helped the team understand community needs and identify consistently used resources. It was clear from these sessions that many of the UM Reports were not heavily used or trusted. This user feedback led to a prioritization of the most important tuition attribution data for the new subject area. Therefore, some of the retiring UM Reports will not have a replacement in the new dashboards. If you are interested in data that isn’t available in the dashboards, please contact ASR's Student Data and Analytics team to submit enhancement requests.
The Tuition Attribution Guide aims to help users understand the tuition attribution process at the University of Minnesota and how their work could make an impact on that process.