The University is replacing a series of older, University-built custom tools related to degree planning and catalog and curriculum management. The goal is to find and implement solutions in the marketplace that provide better service than our homegrown solutions. The belief is that a competitive market-driven approach can lower the University’s total cost of ownership and improve the performance on MPact 2025 metrics.
Degree planning tools being replaced:
- Graduation Planner
- Schedule Builder
Catalog & curriculum management tools being replaced:
- Electronic Course Approval System (ECAS)
- Program and Curriculum Approval System (PCAS)
- Public-facing catalog
Top project objectives
- Implement Stellic — a semester and long-term planning tool.
- Complete the RFP process for a course management and curricular program management tool that meets or exceeds to the current needs being met by ECAS and PCAS.
- Implement Coursedog (the tool selected by the RFP process).
- Implement a new University catalog.
- Establish an ongoing user community and governance related to short- and long-term planning.
- Establish an ongoing user community and governance related to catalog and curriculum management.
- Connect users in different roles. Build empathy and a common understanding of the shared value of data integrity at all levels of the system.
|Calendar Year||Project Focus|
For the most recent updates on the DegreeCat project, view our project status dashboard.
Join the DegreeCat Google group to have monthly status updates and invitations to community events sent directly to your inbox. Just click the "joining the group" link on the group page!
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.